Turning Point Education, an educational consulting company is looking for new contracted team members to add to our growing company. We have been in business for over 10 years are in a significant growth phase due to many internal and external factors including rapid changes in laws, rules and regulations at the local, state and federal level. We are excited to be looking for New Team Members to add to our growing Company!
Position Summary: The purpose of the educator/tutor contractor position is to provide education services to students in a virtual space utilizing Company procedures and virtual platforms.
Essential Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 8+ years of proven experience working in the education system.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in a specialized or teaching field
- Familiarity with Zoom or Gotomeeting, Castle Learning, Edpuzzle, Google classroom, etc.
- Proven ability to follow established policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and show good judgment.
- Superior interpersonal skills especially when working with students and parents.
- Efficient, detail-oriented, and organized with great time management skills and a proven ability to multi-task.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Team player.
Non-Essential Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bi-lingual (Spanish).
- Virtual lecturing or teaching/tutoring experience
- Flexibility in schedule is a plus
Subject Areas Needed:
- Middle School
- High School
- Standardize Testing (PSAT/SAT/GRE)
- Work one on one with students to complete homework assignments
- Assist students with completing and understanding virtual education requirements
- Educate and teach students in one or multiple subject/s, dependent on tutor specialty
- Proactively respond to student questions during sessions.
- Ability to navigate and work virtually seamlessly for students and parent benefit
- Other duties as assigned.
Compensation: $20-30/hr Commensurable with experience
This is a contracted 1099 role, not an employment position.
Reporting to this Position: N/A